4.05.2008

innocent intrusion

I'm not quite sure why it happened, but it happened to me. Here it sat waiting for me all day, when upon one click I stepped accidentally into this wonderful world of only one author...and now there are two. When I could have "hidden your shoes" so to speak, I decided instead to leave a gold coin for you to find next time you slipped them on.

Dear Author,

There are times when it is good to be reminded of the things you hope are true. Here are some I have noticed in you, as a friend:

I noticed your smile makes mine bigger, that your laugh does too. I noticed that you mean it, and how much better it is when you do. I noticed that you care, about everyone...not just me. I noticed that you love to learn, that you find meaning where others never looked, that you try new things even if you're afraid.

There are some people that can't get enough of you. You choose the right, and fix it when you chose wrong. You take care of what you have, and make the best of it all. You're not in a hurry, but you're not messing around. You deserve flowers. You see the greener side, and when I'm on your shoulders, I can see it too. You work hard. Really hard. You are worth knowing, and cherishing. You are beautiful.

just a small way to say thanks for being you.

- a friend

No comments: