9.18.2008

a dancers lament

stage make-up. hate it. In the words of a theatre ballerina, while taking off fake eylashes... "why again did I decide to dance? Why not trak? Then I could have looked ugly, and mascara wouldn't be neccessary!"

She took the words right out of my mouth. truth and light, truth and light.

And as if scrubbing my face raw every night wasn't bad enough, Edwin request that are hair be 'fluffy and curled' for the israeli dance. It used to be that slickng your hair back in an effortless, nasty, bun made up for the blush and eyshadow drama. Put enough gel in and the hair style will hold for two, maybe even three shows. huzzah.

but not this time. 5 shows + a dress rehearsal = 6 showers and blowdryer expeditions.

and then I saw this, and I was intrigued. Its called Dry Shampoo. no shower needed. love love love.

No comments: