3.19.2009

repetition

Mando player and I have a new study/time managment program thanks to that famous eiline girl. Basically I use it for scripture, and mando uses the system for scriptures, mcat prep, and for practicing.

I've heard the same mandolin run 36 times now, come on get over the phrase, move on, this time? nope, this time... my ears sit with a vague sense of tension, hoping for the melody to move on.. oh there, he finally did it, tension released, until 12 seconds later he runs into a new tricky run in the same solo set, and he's repeating, again, and again.

It's like a record that keeps hitting funny bumps, and plays it over and over, until it's satisfied, or can skip over the little hic-up.

I picked Jeanettes brain recently. WE talked all about her children, and her role in their musical lives. oh man, I know it's coming, sooner than I think, little miniature fiddles and guitars, and the squeaky strings and wrong rythms, ooohhhhh.

Suddenly I can deal with the repetition, at least Mando player is good, like really good :)




The "band" was over the other night... part of their meeting was to discuss band names for their entry into the upcoming fiddle fest, pickle freak, penny brook (both nickle creek knock offs) fell to the final winner, engines of commotion.

I felt like lucy, with my famous ricki recardo husband... I wanted so badly to semak in a add my rhythms on a tambourine, or harmonica. Instead I was content to study in the bedroom, and listen the creative genius flowing from the log cabing room. They can come over any day, I love it.

No comments: