11.13.2008

Sister, Sister

I've never had sisters like this. I'm 7 and 10 years older than my sisters, so I was more of a mom anyway. It's fun to see them grow up, and I love them dearly. I feel so lucky to have two more to love.

Last night the sisters came over to share in domestication. We made banana bread and told boy stories.

These crazy redheads make me smile.



One is into everything active, be it cycling, horse back riding, swimming, running, cliff diving or free falling. Talk about sucking the marrow of life out of a crazy straw, a crazy straw with a parachute. I liked her instantly. I remember the first time I met her, mando player and I were not even dating yet. He was over, and she came boundingg in the door and down the stairs to pick up her beloved brother for an afternoon of finals free skiing. It was insta friend, and from then on we called each other sister, even when things were a little shaky with her brother and I. She makes you feel good about yourself, so quickly. Why? Because she's good. Always thinking about someone else, quietly running service organizations and leaving goodies on random doorsteps. I aspire to be more like her when I grow up. Her papers are in and it's a strange thing to watch, knowing it was a goal I postponed for a few family raising years. She also studies hard, another thing i'll do when i grow up :) She just glowes, beauty, true beauty. She's studying to become a nurse, like the one she was named for, her kindness and goodness is perfect for the profession, and her crazy energy will have all the patients smiling. I love that girl. All smiles, that's her.



And two. It took me longer to get to know her, she's gorgeous, I mean really, red hair never looked so good, and her man knows it. And no that's not mando player, although at first glance you might wonder:) Its something I love about this crazy family, they love each other, sibling ties will keep that family going through any storm. Two works in flower shops, aces math tests, and makes us all laugh with her ridiculous stories of tu-tu wearing zombies, and ice skating heroics. We bonded getting ready one morning, lamenting the ever present, and ever ridiculous pressure to get ready, showering happens of necessity, and it is postponed when ever possible, simplify, that's our creed. I was glad to have a crime in hygiene. It's just easier to add more bobbypins and spray grapefruity-licious-smell-good-stuff. She pulls off short hats better than anyone I know, and honestly could do anything she wanted. She's not afraid to be herself, and I love that, and she has a deep sense of loyalty. You can see it in the way she loves, the way she finds good in those she's around. I feel better being around her. She makes me smile too.

Luv Luv Luv. Sisters. who knew it could get this good?

No comments: