2.06.2008

a blue umbrella moment

I'm sick. And it turned out to be a blessing in the most unusual way. I decided to attend rehearsal, despite feeling completely gross. I didn't dance, I just watched, and blocked dances that I needed to. Somewhere between hutzel and Irish I fell in love with a moment.
Iridescent blue chineese umbrellas were twirling out of the right side of my vision as girls prepared for their next number. I noticed god's gift to Folk Dance (GGFD) goofing off with the ox marriott, dancing like dorks, as usual. The band set an enchanting background with a hungarian piece that pulled all of the moments into one. I was smiling. I loved these people surrounding me. I loved saraaaar, and noticed her watching me. I love matty, and his leaps across the floor. I loved watching my sweat sister putting away her indian costume. I loved all of these people and I realized I would miss them. So for now i will be content to soak in all of these moments, loving them all, sick or not.

No comments: