2.21.2008

The last home game...

I'm a little bit obsessed with high school basketball. But when your dad is the head coach, grandpa assists, and all three three younger brothers are on the team, it kinda makes sense. I grew up watching my Dad coach the braves, but this year has been by far the best, a complete family ordeal.

My sisters, Mom, and grandma have our placed saved behind the team, we've sat there for years, and I mean 18 years.

I sat there last night, with a video camera in hand, watching Jordan play for the last time on the Bountiful court. It was so weird. Half time came faster than I thought it would, we were ahead, but I was holding back tears.

Now I know I'm a girl, but I wasn't just sad because this is the LAST game I'll see him play in (I'm out of town for the ENTIRE state tourney... arghh) but more because this season is ending, which means the school year is ending, which means my little bro is turning in the papers and leaving in June.

I'm excited for him, I really am, and there's no where else I'd rather have him, but wow, I'm going to miss him.


We've been so close, a lot more the last few years, all of a sudden he needed help with math homework and girls.... so he came to me :) I can't tell you how many story's I've heard about this girl or that basketball game, and I've loved them all. He's just a good kid, the best in my opinion. Honest, and so hardworking. On the court, in the yard, or late at night with a math book. And he's loyal, if there were one word to describe him its loyal. Loyal to his family, especially his bro's.... he's always got their back. And loyal to the truth of the Gospel he believes in so firmly. Its been crazy watching him prepare for his mission, he's really grown up a lot, its been amazing to watch.

So many people love Jordan, he's just a classic happy, hardworking, fun loving guy. And he's listened to his fair share of boy drama and math headache's from me :) ahhhhh, he's just so great, I think every sister should have a bro like him.

So last night he played like he does, solid and constant, never missing a beat. He ended up tying his career high with 24 points for the night, finished out the season 2nd in three point shooting, and walked out of the gym with a region title. He was all smiles with the beautiful cheerleader he's 'best friends' with, and it was picture perfect, so I cried... oh the lame older sister who loves her brother so much.

I got ridiculed at home that night. While we talked stats and looked up scores for the other high school games that night (a family ritual after every game), Chris nailed me with sappy sister jokes. bah, and then I started thinking about him, Chris is pretty amazing in his own right, thankfully I still have another season to watch him.


No comments: