3.13.2008

Thoughts and Thin Mints

I'm at work. This usually means I'm transcribing. or running random errands. or laughing to myself watching someone try to work the copy machine just long enough so that when I swoop in from my office perch to save the day my entrance in dramatically timed and they praise me to all ends for pushing the correct button. ( I know that the last paragraph was completely and utterly grammatically incorrect, the punctuation off, and the sentence run-on. it was done intentionally. Literary vice. Dig deep, I'm sure you'll find meaning.)

But right now there's nothing to do. nothing. I refilled the post-its, sent a fax, and now I'm eating girl scout cookies. Thin mints, though I prefer samoas, but I wasn't here in time to vote on which box to open for the office perusal.

and now for some thoughts cycling the synapse of my mind


-will it rain tomorrow? I want to go rock climbing.
-What does a parabolic function actually represent in real life? acceleration verses time, the motion of a projectile maybe. And if you have 2 linear function, and you multiply them together to get a quadratic, what pictorially did you do exactly? and can you find 2 linear functions in the motion of a projectile verses time? (I drew these thoughts out on the back of a "lost and found - 7 short plays" flier.
-why am I not in Hawaii. seriously why.
-I like seeing mando player, he's fun to be with. Do I need to think about what that does and doesn't mean? Can't I just let it be?
- I got a scholarship, yahoo.
-If the Kiev days people want us to stay we might see Berlin. pray. pray hard. pray now.
-I named a dance in 270 today. She wanted a name in Russian, I used one of the first Russian words I ever learned. oot-kah (phonetically of course, like I actually know the Russian alphabet) It means duck. Turns out writing that boy for 2 years totally paid off.
-Miss T's coming back to PAC, maybe. I hope. And she's going to teach us some African dancing. I heart her and her potty mouth. pooh sticks. who says that? Miss T
-I bet I'd be bad at long boarding
-I hate spending money on food
-The beautiful cousin is in Jr. Miss Utah this weekend, and she probably had her interview sometime this morning.... those are so fun, and scary, and nerve racking, and wonderful. hope she did well, hope she lowered her high pitched voice. It's dumb, but it makes a difference. That's how I did it, man voice = confidence, intelligence, charisma. Don't believe me? Suppose Elle Woods really was brilliant and didn't just happen to know something about a perm on the right day, then she would have a low voice, but she doesn't. And suppose Oprah Winfrey has no power, no charisma, and no intelligence. Then she has a high voice, but she doesn't. there proof by contradiction.
-What time is it? "time of our lives, anticipation... schools out! Scream and shout!" (sung in my head by the way.)
-I can't believe I just admitted to that last thought
-I'm wearing a watch today. I never wear a watch. Its silver, and gold. Makes me think of my grandma. Its pretty. I like it.
-I'm wearing earring too. Mando player thought they were real... as in not clip on, but they are.
-Why am a wearing a watch and earring's?
-8 minutes till I can leave.
-Burt's Bees is the Best. It makes me think of Lovely, as in the person I gave that nym to, not the adjective.
-I need to go help a guy in the math lab. time to go.
-Roommate never came to get her thin mint.
-Roommate just called. Thin mints are worth it I guess.

No comments: